We invite you to submit electronic abstracts on current research work for one of the following themes of the symposium:
- Biomolecules and their assemblies: from structure and dynamics to function
- Biophysics of membranes and membrane proteins
- Energy transduction involving light harvesting, electron transfer and proton transfer
- Computational biophysics
- Imaging molecules of life
- Cell biophysics meets synthetic biology
- Physics of disease and cancer
- Participants are invited to submit electronic abstracts for
- Contributed talk
- Contributed talk or poster
- Abstract Receipt Confirmation
- Upon successful submission, authors will receive an automated acknowledgement via email
- Lack of acknowledgement will indicate that the abstract was not received. Please contact us ASAP if the abstract you submitted is not followed by an acknowledgement.
- Abstracts must be received by Thursday, June 21, 2018 at 10:00 am. Abstracts received after this date will not be accepted.
- Notification of Acceptance
The Presenting Author of each abstract accepted will be notified by email by end-July, 2018.
Please note that we only inform you as presenting author about the abstract acceptance. If there are any other main, co-, or presenting authors of your work, please inform them about the acceptance.
- Conference Registration
Conference registration by at least one author is essential. The deadline for registration is for contributed talks July 2 and for poster July 30. Afterwards, your abstract will be rejected from the program.
How To Send Abstracts
- General Submission Policies
- Abstracts can only be submitted via the website.
- Authors can submit their abstracts online.
- Submitted abstracts must be original work but can include work presented elsewhere.
- The submitting author verifies upon submission that all authors have agreed to the submission of the abstract.
- All abstracts must be submitted in English. Authors are responsible for the literary standard of submitted abstracts.
- When submitting the abstract you will be asked to choose the scientific category, which is most suitable for the subject of your abstract.
- The following items are NOT permitted and will be deleted if found: illustrations, tables, references, author qualifications.
- General Submission Guidelines
- The Scientific Committee of Biennial Meeting of the German Biophysical Society will evaluate the quality, originality, and completeness of the abstract. Abstracts will be judged solely on the basis of data submitted in the abstract.
- Total word count of not more than 2.000 characters with spaces. The abstract title must not exceed 160 characters including spaces.
- It is the author’s responsibility to submit a correct abstract; any errors in spelling, grammar, or scientific fact can be revised at any time before the deadline.
- Capitals – Use capitals for proper names, titles, geographical names, trade names.
- Abbreviations – Abbreviations not in common use should be spelled out in full the first time they occur in a typescript, followed by the abbreviation in brackets.
Examples: Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).
- Short names (of countries, institutions, honours) and well-known acronyms are abbreviated without full stops and without a space between the letters.
Examples: USA, UK, PM (Prime Minister), ESR, WBC, FRS, BA
Should you experience any unforeseen problems with the electronic submission, please contact the conference office.