The international conference is held every two years and features an exciting program covering topics of the three subsections of the German Biophysical Society: Molecular Biophysics, Membrane Biophysics, and Cellular Biophysics. It is intended to bring together experimentalists and theoreticians presenting latest results on method developments and applications in the field of biophysics. The conference offers an ideal setting for the scientific exchange of junior and senior scientists coming from multidisciplinary research fields.
- Biomolecules and their assemblies: from structure and dynamics to function
- Photobiophysics, electron and proton transfer
- Channels and transporters
- Biophysics of membranes, membrane proteins and protein-lipid interaction
- Cell biophysics, intracellular transport and signalling
- Biomolecular simulations and computational biophysics
- Biospectroscopy and imaging molecules of life
- New techniques and challenges in biophysics
The program will comprise invited talks and a significant number of contributed talks selected from the abstracts. Poster presentations and an industry exhibition will provide a great platform for traditionally very lively discussions.
A particular focus of the conference is the support of young researchers. We will host a Young Investigator Award competition. In addition, three poster prizes will be awarded.
With best regards,
Karin Hauser and Andreas Zumbusch